Search This Blog

Thursday 7 October 2010

Part III: A2 Film Studies Small Scale Research Project - Ken Russell (2009-2010)

Part 3: The Presentation, ‘Excess: An Investigation into Ken Russell’s Status as Auteur’

Here is a copy of the presentation I created for my small scale research project (FM3) as part of my A2 Film Studies coursework (WJEC).

 The investigation, ‘
Excess: An Investigation into Ken Russell’s Status as Auteur’, was an original idea. As part of the specification we had to address authorship in the broadest sense (no distinction between Truffaut’s la politique des Auteurs and Sarris’s auteur theory), let alone the complexities of authorship and authorial interpretations within film.

 Cinematic style, themes and key issues are addressed and then applied to three of Russell’s films. My aim was to not only show the similarities in Russell’s work but also the amendments, to demonstrate the complexity of his work.

Ultimately, this coursework contributed to my grade A’ coursework and my A’ Level Film Studies cash-in grade A’.

Ken russell as an auteur

View more presentations from sjwtwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment