Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Coming attractions…



No I’ve not disappeared or being lazy. I’ve been a tad distracted the last couple of weeks but I’m all sorted out now and am raring to go! Here what will be posted in the few days:
·        
  • A post detailing my first assignment of my Open Studies Certificate Introduction to Film and Cinema Studies. This was a 500 word shot analysis from Nosferatu (F.W. Murnau, Germany, 1922).

  •       After my trip to Oxford (Yes, I survived the Gender discussion group at Wadham College), I’ve written some notes about the films: The Arbor (Clio Barnard, UK, 2010)  and The Social Network (David Fincher, USA, 2010).

  •         The notes are collated and a structure devised for my next OCA Project (8): ‘The work of art in the age of mechanical production’. This will be types up as soon as possible.

  •        That time of week is looming again. No, I’m quite excited. I’m looking forward to the Open Studies class on Saturday this week (No. 6) is ‘Citizen Kane and the development of deep-focus cinematography’! I’ve been a bit bored so I’ve done my extended reading already.

  •         Oh, and two week’s worth of Cultural Activities (those activities unrelated to my courses of study). Well I don’t get out much so it’s going to much of the same; books and films.  

  •        I will also be added some more images to the blog as it's in need of a makeover!

  •  Details of my summative assesment with the Warwick Open Studies Certificate, Introduction to Film and Cinema Studies, the 2,000 word question: "Discuss the ways in which Battleship Potemkin demonstrates Eisenstein's theory of montage".

No comments:

Post a Comment