Search This Blog

Saturday 4 December 2010

Coming attractions…




Once again it seems I have disappeared. I can assure you I haven’t. The Eisenstein essay coupled with a cold and another case of papilledema has meant I’ve been preoccupied. 

I’m just waiting to submit the essay so as soon as it’s done I won’t be continuing the Open Studies Certificate on January 15th. That does not mean I am going to be inactive. This gives me time to focus on my OCA work while continuing my further reading and lets me revise my way through film form.  Hopefully, in the following week I will post:

  • OCA Project 11: The Society and the Spectacle – Guy Debord
  • OCA Project 12: The thorny subject of taste – Dick Hebdige
  • Cultural Activities for 22/11/10 to 05/12/10
  • Warwick Open Studies Certificate: Researching Eisenstein
  • Amendments made to previous Open Studies and OCA posts.

Next I am looking forward to my visit to Southampton University and am anticipating to begin my further reading.  Though sometime in December I would like to post some analytical points about Brazil (Terry Gilliam, Embassy International Pictures, UK, 19985) and The Girl Can’t Help It (Frank Tashlin, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, USA, 1956).

No comments:

Post a Comment